Hello & Welcome to Stangalley.com
Jsdesignsandgraphics.comJsdesignsandgraphics.com
    Real Name
    Ted

Lightning Blue 2017 Ecoboost Performance Pack

Time to start a build thread for my 2017 Lightning Blue Ecoboost with Performance Pack...

Here she is the day I bought her, with my 2014 Focus SE in the background as my trade-in.

The car is a non Premium with only one option on it, the Performance Pack. For those not in the know, the performance pack comes with upgraded brakes, larger radiator, black 19" wheels with Pirelli P Zero summer tires, and custom suspension settings. The dealer had already done the first mod to it and had ceramic tint installed before I even got to the lot. With a list of $28,500 I got it for $25,400 so I think I did ok.

This being Texas, a front plate is required, and the dealer had included the bracket, but thankfully hadn't mounted it yet. I went into research mode looking for a way to mount the plate that 1) didn't look ricey and 2) didn't require drilling any holes in my new paint. I found a kit from Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets (http://ccmustangbrackets.com/) that works great, puts the plate in the stock location, and requires zero holes! It also makes taking the plate off for photo shoots take about 15 seconds.

After driving it around for a little bit I discovered that the stock shift knob wasn't all that great. It felt too small in my hand and I could swear that the leather on it was really plastic. I found a replacement on eBay for a reasonable price that's a bigger ball and in silver so I won't be faced with a million degree shift knob when I get in the car in the summer heat.

Then CJ Pony parts had a short sale on COBB Tuning (www.cobbtuning.com) parts, so I ordered up the Stage 1 kit for a nice discount. I delayed installing the new tune for as long as I could, but ended up loading it just after the first 900 miles. The added torque is awesome!

Next up will be a swap of a GT grille, that I picked up from eBay along with the trunk cargo net.

Future plans include:
    1. full turbo back exhaust, most likely done in sections for affordability
    2. intercooler swap for better intake temp management
    3. Turbosmart blow off valve and wastegate
    4. full intake replacement, either Rousch or Steeda
    5. Touch Screen console upgrade
    6. Eibach Sportline Springs

At this point I'm at just over 1800 miles and loving every minute of driving this car, even though I'm looking forward to working on this mod list!

StangAlley Enthusiasts  photo prospeed1_zpsf3c9f67d.png
    Photobucket
    Real Name
    Joe
    Good for you Ted. Great choices to make it your own. . . .
    AZ 2 PA

"He who enjoys doing and
    enjoys what he has done
    is happy"

Life is good, live it well. . . .

StangAlley Enthusiasts Photobucket 08gtcslady's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patty Marath
    Sweet;)!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Ted
    I went out and played with the local autocross club last weekend.

https://youtu.be/GZBfNDCDgbc

I wasn't the fastest, but wasn't the slowest on course. Out of 5 runs I got DNF on two because of a confusing loop up front, and tagged two cones, so only managed one clean run.

I ordered up some parts this week from CJ Pony Parts, so will be putting on Eibach Pro-Line Springs, Steeda K brace and strut tower brace, and Steeda rear subframe alignment bushings. Photos next week after getting the parts shipment and getting things installed.

StangAlley Enthusiasts Photobucket 08gtcslady's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patty Marath
    The mods never end...good start;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk